Youth Ministry Leader
We are looking for a full-time leader with inspiring Christian faith who can lead our growing ministry to young people as well as explore how to develop our ministry and outreach to young families in the community.
Description of Role
- Leadership and oversight of all youth provision (P7 – S6) and activities
- Leadership of and a full participation in all youth groups including Sunday morning, Friday night youth club, Youth Alpha and trips to larger youth events (e.g. PowerPoint & Influence)
- Leadership, management and recruitment of team of volunteers
- School chaplaincy and ministry within schools e.g. lunchtime S.U. group.
- Involvement in Sunday worship and special events where appropriate
- Scoping areas of outreach work with families in the wider community of all ages (not just youth), building on our links with parents and toddlers
- Availability for possible summer holiday club – with an emphasis on supporting young leaders.
- Ensure youth ministry is properly supported in prayer.
- Encourage young adults who have been part of the church to continue in their Christian commitment after High School.
- Remain aware of current approaches, resources and opportunities including connecting with provision in surrounding areas.
- Show the love of Jesus to all in our community regardless of if they are likely to attend church in the future.
- Strong Christian faith with an active church connection – which is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Equality Act 2010.
- Support of the mission and ministry of the church as a whole
- Vision to bring new and existing youth to a greater knowledge of Christ
- Good communicator (both in person and online)
- Excellent ability to build relationship with both adults and youth
- Effective teacher for young people with a love for God’s word
- Clear leadership gifts especially in a relational style
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humour
- Passionate and enthusiastic with the ability to inspire this in others
- PVG – Your acceptance will be on condition of suitable checks
Terms of Employment
Full time, permanent. You will be expected to work for 37.5 hours over 5 days. You are entitled to 6 weeks holiday that may include a maximum of 6 Sundays. Some flexibility and weekend work required. You will be based in Peebles, but occasional travel may be required. Salary range 24k to 27k dependent on experience and qualifications.
For more details please view the Job Description. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the following address:
St Andrew’s Leckie Parish
Peebles, EH45 8AD
Closing date Sunday 1st March 2020