Soul Restore, St Andrews Leckie
St Andrews Leckie Church has a vision to be a place of restoration and healing in our local community. As a church we want to reach out to people in need and open our doors to broken people to serve them in Jesus’ name. One of the ways that we believe that God has been equipping us for this task is by calling us to establish a Christian Counselling service as part of the ministry of our church. We are now seeking to appoint a Head of Counselling to manage and develop our Soul Restore Counselling service, which will be launched in April 2020.
Description of role
- Direct, develop and oversee counselling services from the church for the community of Peebles and the surrounding areas.
- Ensure the appropriate recruitment and appointment of voluntary counsellors and administrative staff and the provision of proper training and supervision.
- Direct and oversee the promotion of the service, management of the service team, provision of services to clients, running costs, legal issues (eg data protection, PVG, health and safety) and associated administrative processes. This will include:
- Communication with the team, other church staff, supervisory board and line manager and the general public.
- Maintaining an ethical framework to practice including confidentiality and develop a local Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice ensuring that counsellors adhere to this.
- Ensuring appropriate insurance and registration with professional bodies are held and maintained.
- Develop and uphold policies for complaints; risk of harm and lone working.
- Ensure effective use of IT systems to protect personal data.
Place of work: property rented for Soul Restore Counselling Service and Church Office when appropriate.
Hours: 16 per week comprising 4 hours a week client counselling. Working hours to be agreed will normally be between Monday and Friday.
Period of Employment: Initially for a term of three years with a probation period of 6 months and a formal evaluation at the end of the first year.
Remuneration: The salary payable is £10,000 per annum based on 16 hours a week (for 11 months a year). Salary will be subject to annual review.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is 24th February, 2020 and the interview date is 27th February.
For more details please view the Job Description.