Data Administrator Job Description
Purpose of the Role
This role will manage, co-ordinate and enhance the effectiveness of all data systems used in various aspects of church life. These electronic systems are at the heart of the church’s administration, facilitating the management of the members’ roll, offerings and donations and general finance. They provide the facility to produce regular reports to inform the Kirk Session, the ministry team and the congregation. They should also provide the means for improvement in the church’s general communication with the community.
We are in a transitional period in terms of how our data is managed and we are keen that this role will contribute significantly in the development of systems that satisfy all our needs. We are keen to employ as part of the team, someone who thinks creatively, and can demonstrate experience of deploying modern technology with beneficial results.
Key Responsibilities, including but not limited to the following
- Responsible for all IT-related functions within the church.
- Maintain effective and efficient administration procedures, creating an integrated administrative system which maximises our use of modern technology.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the website in collaboration with the administrators.
- In collaboration with the Office Administrator, improve and maintain the office electronic filing system.
- Manage and update congregational roll.
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports as required and requested by the ministry team or church groups.
- Input weekly information to Donations Co-ordinator.
- Reconcile bank statements with church records.
- Manage Free Will Offering (FWO), Gift Aid and HMRC claims.
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports associated with all aspects of giving as required.
- In collaboration with ministry team and Treasurer, prepare draft budget for Kirk Session approval.
- Provide support to the Treasurer as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Office Administrator, who manages the church diary and programme of events, ensure these are up to date on the Website and Social Media.
- Provide essential cover for the Office Administrator during holidays or absence.
Employee Requirements and Qualifications
- Sympathetic to the ethos associated with the Christian faith.
- Reliable, trustworthy maintaining confidentiality always.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office 365 and WordPress.
- Competent in using existing and emerging electronic technology with the ability to develop systems to benefit the church.
- Self-motivated and organised in the workplace.
- Ability to work confidently and independently.
- Membership of the protecting vulnerable groups scheme (PVGA) in relation to working with vulnerable adults and children.
- The church is keen to support individual staff development and this post will be subject to performance management and annual appraisal.
Hours: 10 per week
Annual leave: 6 weeks pro rata
Reports to: Ministry Leader for Operations