BIBLE CHALLENGE 2017
As a Church with a vision to be a growing people we need to need us to go deeper into God’s word. You may have never picked up a bible before or been reading for decades, either way there is always something new to discover when reading with the Holy Spirit and trusting that it will help us grow as a community in our love for God throughout 2017 and beyond. You can join the reading plan at any point in the year and keep going for the whole twelve month cycle. This is something for the whole family to get involved in not just the adults!
We are encouraging the whole church to follow the Bible in One Year reading plan created by Holy Trinity Brompton HTB . The plan sets out a daily reading from the Old Testament, New Testament and Psalms or Proverbs. The plan is downloadable to your e mail, phone or tablet and is waiting for you every morning.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Daily e-mails, with bible passages & links to commentary available here.
- BiOY app, with bible passages & commentary all in one available here.
- Bible in One Year, purchase a hard copy of the bible organised in the same order as the reading plan. Get it for kindle here or order online here
- Use your own bible, following the plan by downloading our printable pdf 20170103 BIOY reading plan or pick up a printed copy from the church office
- As a whole family read the New Testament stories together, or use the super book app, available here. It’s got commentary and activities for all ages
PRACTICAL POINTERS FOR BIBLE READING
- Do try and set a regular time to read and pray. Rhythm is best for forming healthy habits but takes some time to establish. Are you a morning person or a night owl? It’s worth thinking through when deciding the best time.
- There’s a lot to read if you do it all but remember the main focus should be the Bible not the commentary! Don’t let the tail wag the dog!
- Read the Bible for the sake of learning, not simply to accomplish your next reading. Say a short prayer to God before you begin, asking the Holy Spirit to give you wisdom and understanding, then be refreshed by the words you read!